The Pension History

      The pension AKACJA *** is a Secession building contructed in 1910, now registered as a monument. For over 100 years it has undergone many changes. First the rooms were connected with each other and coal stoves were the main sourse of heating. It was then an exclusive villa called FORTUNA visited mainly by the Czechs and Germans.

After 1945 the building was taken over by FWP and after modernizing it was the place of rest for railway workers. In the next years the name was changed several times- KOLEJARZ, ŚWIERCZEWSKI, ŚNIEŻKA. With time this beautiful villa fell into ruin. The change of political system and of rest standard forced the FWP managenent to sell the building. It was bought by a private person who devastates it and lead to its "death".

The building was rebuilt and redecorated under the supervision of the Voivodship Conservator of Monuments. It was getting more and more beautiful until in June 1999 it started a new life under the name "A K A C J A".

The praiseworthy effect of our work was giving the pension AKACJA the three star category.

Pensjonat Akacja ***
ul. Kombatantów 5
57-350 Kudowa Zdrój
tel. (+48)74 8662 712
akacja@akacja.eu